Account Coordinator – Hawkins luxury travel PR (NY)
Location: New York, NY
Account Coordinator – Hawkins luxury travel PR (NY Office)
FINN’s Hawkins luxury travel public relations practice is looking for an Account Coordinator to join our expanding PR team focusing on clients and brands in luxury travel, hospitality, wellness, and lifestyle, with a portfolio of clients ranging from iconic independent properties to major hospitality groups and one-of-a-kind wellness retreats. We develop enviable connections and maintain rewarding relationships across print, broadcast, and digital media, as well as within the industries we service. Finn Partners is an award-winning global public relations and integrated marketing agency.
The position is within our Hawkins PR team in our New York Office, and we seek candidates who are currently NY or USA east coast based for this role. Prior PR agency or PR internship experience is highly desired in applicants for this role. Please be certain to include a compelling Cover Letter, a link to samples of your PR work/writing, and your resume when creating your application for this position.
As a junior client account team member who serves as the backbone of the client account team and works closely with our team’s Account Executives and Supervisors to provide support to clients, the AC will have a heavy hand in pitch efforts across several luxury travel client accounts. The AC understands the public relations industry, client needs, and the media landscape. The AC manages daily client account activities and may serve as the day-to-day contact person for media and clients. The AC must have a passion for luxury travel and the hospitality industry, an understanding of the luxury travel market, and a keen interest in growing their career in PR and Communications. We encourage every team member to excel and fast track, by impressing us with capabilities above the norm.
- Support team members by handling daily account activities including client correspondence.
- Proactively develop media relationships to garner impressive placements in national, regional, trade media in print broadcast and online.
- Answer media lead inquiries, develop pitches and work with targeted media on story development. Serve as the daily contact person for media and Travel PR clients. Handle standard media requests, maintain strong media relationships, and create and update media lists.
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks and program elements.
- Research and monitor client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base. Monitor media for “client mentions”, clip coverage and draft/send coverage notes to clients.
- Conduct research for influencer partnerships and provide recommendations to clients based on data points.
- Assist in account administration duties such as client account activity reports. Prepare meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Assist in research and preparation for new business pitches. Assist with developing strategic and creative PR initiatives and plans.
- Coordinate production and distribution of material with internal service departments to create print and video products.
- Organize and implement events and promotions for the client.
- Represent clients at events or trade shows.
- Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client’s message.
- Assist in the mentorship and coaching of department Interns.
- Contribute to the success of FINN Partners Travel & Lifestyle team
- A bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, English or related field.
- Prior PR agency work experience -or- prior internship experience in PR / Communications/ Journalism
- Excellent computer, web, design skills.
- Have willingness/ability to travel as needed for agency or client business.
- Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns.
- Strong project management skills managing concurrent multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including PR writing and editing skills).
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, focused on achievement, a team player, professional/polished, enthusiastic, service-oriented, and eager to learn.
- Strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively multi-tasking and delivering required results by deadlines.
- Must be able to travel to client locations, participate in press trips, and attend client events as required by the dept., in accordance with Finn Partners policy.
- Experience using all Microsoft Office products.
- Prior experience in travel/tourism public relations is a huge plus but not required.
New York, NY #LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.