OUR WORK Wilderness
Promoting Africa’s many different wilderness regions.
FINN Partners and Wilderness have a longstanding partnership of eight years with the goal to drive awareness of the brand and its presence through Africa, generate buzz surrounding new lodge developments in Rwanda, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Kenya, and most recently Tanzania, as well as key conservation activities, to ultimately position Wilderness as the leader in eco-tourism to Africa and promote tourism throughout the continent.
To drive awareness of the brand and its presence in Africa, generate buzz surrounding new lodge developments, promote tourism and position Wilderness as the leader in eco-tourism to Africa.
Travel & Tourism
Taking a holistic approach, FINN Partners developed a strategy to shine a light on the wonders between Africa’s distinct safari regions and tell the story of how each country, region, and park has unique advantages and experiences. FINN and Wilderness worked together to determine key country needs, priority camps, a pipeline of news and key developments, and identify each destination’s USPs. With this roadmap in place, FINN embarked on a strategic and thoughtful PR campaign with a focus on establishing A-list editor ambassadors for Wilderness, securing editorial awards for the brand, and delivering feature stories in leading travel and luxury lifestyle outlets to encourage North Americans to book a trip with Wilderness.
- Executed over 50 media visits for leading editors including Jacqui Gifford (Editor-in-Chief: Travel + Leisure), Klara Glowczewska (Travel Editor: Town & Country), Jackie Caradonio (Freelancer: departures, Conde Nast Traveler, Bloomberg), Shivani Vora (Travel Writer: The New York Times), to name only a few.
- Hosted annual NYC and LA media tours and events to introduce the media to Wilderness, share key developments, and establish lasting relationships with leading editors, and position CEO, Keith Vincent, as an industry leader, which most recently saw him recognized in Conde Nast Traveler ‘Top Travel Tastemakers’ list.
- Secured Botswana and Wilderness’ new camp openings in top annual ‘where to go’ lists in 2021 by Bloomberg, Harper’s Bazaar and Travel + Leisure.
- Secured recognition of Wilderness on key editorial awards including: Conde Nast Traveler’s Hot List 2019-2022; Travel + Leisure’s ‘It List’ 2019-2022, Architectural Digest’s ‘Top New Hotels’ 2022, Organic Spa’s ‘Best Spas 2021’ and more.
- Delivered impactful feature stories on Rwanda (pre and post pandemic) in The New York Times, AIR MAIL, Travel + Leisure, and more, shining a light on the brand’s key conservation efforts and new camps.
- Positioned the Namib desert as a must-visit for travelers longing for solace and transformative travel post-pandemic, realizing stories in Vogue, Robb Report, Travel + Leisure, and departures.