Chief of Staff
Location: Vancouver, WA; Portland, OR
FINN Partners’ has created a new Chief of Staff position for its Pacific Northwest Integrated Marketing team!
As the Chief of Staff, you will fill a critical and trusted leadership role as the strategic right-hand person to the Managing Partner. You will work vertically, with responsibilities spanning high-level strategy to business operations. Ultimately you will ensure the agency is consistently operating at the highest level of creative, financial and cultural performance, growing FINN’s ability to deliver creative marketing solutions to clients in Content Marketing, Employee Engagement, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Your objectives will include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor and sounding board to the Managing Partner and senior leaders.
- Building and championing a people-first culture.
- Collaborating with leadership to set and maintain priorities, and to surface potential challenges and learnings.
- Building strong relationships across the organization enabling collaboration, clear decision-making, and an ability to solve complex problems.
- Being a force for change, open to new insights, accepting challenges, and leading with positive energy.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as liaison between staff and leadership; detailing business performance, culture, employee well-being, project updates, proposal statuses and planning.
- Collaborating with the Agency Management Team and organizational leaders performing management and administrative tasks to steer successful business operations.
- Proactively escalating challenges to the attention of the Managing Partner and advising potential solutions.
- Analyzing and reporting business performance based on key strategies and business goals, recommending areas needing improvement.
- Ensuring the distribution of timely, complete, and relevant employee communications across the organization.
A successful Chief of Staff will possess the ability to:
- Think strategically while providing tactical support to implement ideas.
- Work in a dynamic, highly independent environment, juggling multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities, and relationships with minimal direction.
- Lead through ambiguity, make trade-offs and drive open items to effective resolution.
- Lead strong personalities, managing potential conflict and disagreement.
- Think and act creatively, championing and promoting new ideas that contribute to the goals of the organization and the department.
- Work in a flexible manner in line with the organization’s objectives and with willingness to undertake other duties as reasonably requested.
This could be the career next step for you if your skills and experience include:
- 8+ years of proven success in a business management and/or operational role at a high-growth agency or consultancy of 500+ employees.
- Management of 15+ direct reports.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong business acumen with the ability to provide independent, informed, unbiased insight and input
- A bias toward action and sense of urgency
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills (verbal and in writing).
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Strong financial analysis, budget planning, and management skills
- High EQ, with demonstrated ability to foster communication, collaboration and alignment across teams and individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA a plus but not required
Learn more about our Pacific Northwest team here https://www.ahainc.com/
The salary range for this role is set at $155,000 – $165,000 (dependent on experience).
To apply please upload your resume, cover letter and desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
FINN Partners is a great place to work, but don’t take our word for it. We’ve been voted “#1 Best Agency to Work For” in the Extra-Large Agency Category by PR Week. Plus, FINN has ranked in the top five nearly every year since our founding a decade ago.
Our intrepid crew shares entrepreneurial spirit that attracts talent from agencies large and small. Interestingly, we often welcome former colleagues back to the fold after they’ve confirmed the grass is not greener elsewhere, or they return as clients when they want to work with the best. All choose Finn because of our cause-minded approach, collaborative culture, commitment to excellence, ethical leadership and exciting client roster of clients. Our people are deeply loyal to FINN because the FINN team is deeply loyal to each other. FINN is committed to representing a different breed of agency. Will you join us?
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.