Technical Writer/Copywriter – Technology PR
Do you find edits in your friends’ WhatsApp messages and social media posts? Do you like translating technical information into a language that can be understood by the masses? If so, we want you to come and join Finn Partners, an award-winning global integrated marketing agency! We are seeking an experienced technical writer. Excellent writing and editing expertise and content development experience is required for success in this role.
We are a leading comms agency and this is an opportunity to be an integral part of an account team that works for B2B tech companies that are leaders within their field. In this role, you will apply your knowledge of the B2B tech sector to create a variety of written work – everything from press releases, byline articles, op-eds, speeches and white papers. The candidate must also have strong editing skills and the ability to work within a team to educate, train and inspire others to produce high-quality written work.
- Create multiple types of content pieces, including press releases, byline articles, op-eds, speeches, direct marketing materials and white papers on behalf of the client
- Manages content development process, including input, abstracts, outlines, drafts and final approvals
- Understands and uses AP-style and/or relevant media guidelines
- Acts as a liaison with internal agency teams to source story ideas
- Conducts story mining calls with senior-level subject matter experts (SMEs) to secure input and guide the content development process
- 3+ years of prior work experience writing technical thought leadership content and/or technical writing. Strong portfolio of writing samples is required.
- Prior experience conducting story mining calls with technical SMEs to guide content development
- Solid understanding of the public relations field and media relations best practices
- Relevant professional experience as a writer, journalist or content specialist in a publishing or agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a humanity, to at least 2.1
- Creative thinking and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong writing (AP and other styles), editing and speaking skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts with client SMEs
- Exceptional time management skills
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 800+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.