About Global Intelligence
FINN Partners’ Global Intelligence team is the agency’s research and insights group, providing a full array of primary research and big data analysis instruments to inform creative platforms, plan marketing campaigns, and measure effectiveness. Currently, the team spans the US and the UK.
We believe that research-informed insights are the difference between communications that break through and communications that fall flat. We are a full-service market research practice that specialises in the kind of research needed for effective communications—communications that reach, engage and persuade.
We develop tailored research plans that determine attitudes, beliefs and perceptions among target audiences, and we are experts at translating research findings into actionable strategies.
We use research to shed light on and help solve our clients’ challenges. Our research serves as a strategic roadmap to shape our clients’ efforts and tackle the challenges they face.
Senior Analyst Job Summary
Undertake and manage day-to-day primary and secondary research activities for new business, existing retained accounts, and projects globally, across a variety of industries core to FINN Partners’ business, including travel, healthcare, technology, financial services and consumer. Participate in wider new business development and support organisational initiatives.
Maintain and grow the business by managing research-based initiatives that ensure ongoing client satisfaction, as well as the successful pitching and winning of new business.
The Senior Analyst will perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to optimise FINN clients’ PR and marketing efforts and conduct research and modelling that drives strategy and business decisions. The analyst will work closely with FINN’s industry practice groups, account teams, and digital/creative team colleagues, and will establish processes to support continuous improvement and optimisation of our clients’ PR and marketing efforts.
- Design and execute research projects, such as web/social landscape reports, persona development, social and search engine competitiveness reviews, and PR/web/social channel audits
- Work with teams to understand client goals and use a variety of data sources to help establish benchmarks and metrics for PR and marketing campaigns
- Automate and develop reporting and workflows to monitor major search and social media channels in a rapidly changing environment
- Collaborate with team members to improve tracking reports, escalation process, and automated alerts, etc.
- Assist in conducting and producing comprehensive market research reports that identify market trends
- Conduct and analyse primary research, including surveys, in-depth interviews and focus groups
- Review, support, and recommend improvements to existing analysis procedures and methods
- Contribute to Global Intelligence thought leadership and marketing through data analysis and content development
- This role may report to a Global Intelligence Associate Vice President, Vice President or Partner. Works under little supervision.
- This role may be responsible for supervising the work of analyst Executives and Apprentices. A Senior Analyst contributes to the professional development of his/her staff.
Internal Communications and/or External Vendors
The Senior Analyst oversees work for clients and handles relevant communications with internal departments, external vendors and research or agency partners. A Senior Analyst also works with more senior analysts and client representatives.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in PR, Marketing, Business, Communication or a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics) or humanities (e.g., Psychology, Economics)
- Extensive professional experience with a minimum of 3 years of agency/PR experience.
- Working knowledge of media research and analytics tools such as TalkWalker, Infegy, Crimson Hexagon and similar
- Familiar with web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Trends, SEMRush and similar. Google AdWords and Google Analytics certifications a plus
- Understanding of statistics, research analytics, and research software programs and visualization tools (STATA, SPSS, SAS, R, Tableau) highly desired
- Working knowledge of major marketing automation platforms, including HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, or similar desired
- Knowledge of Pay-per-click (PPC), email marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) desired
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (pivot tables, Excel, Google Docs, etc)
- Comfortable with hands-on involvement with data retrieval, manipulation, analysis and insight generation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with an ability to multi-task and prioritize/complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written, communication as well as presentation skills expected
- Critical thinking
- Data-driven mindset
- Passion for problem-solving
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new and complex topics
- Strong writing and presentation skills
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their manager.
About Finn Partners:
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 700+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.