PR Account Director
Travel with passion. Travel with purpose.
FINN Partners is looking for an Associate Vice President (aka an Account Director) to join our UK Travel PR Practice. We are a multi-award winning Practice that specialises in travel and tourism recently winning PR Agency of the Year at The Travel Marketing Awards for the sixth consecutive year.
We put travel, tourism and lifestyle brands on the map.
As a global, independent, integrated marketing powerhouse that fuses unrivalled travel expertise with cross-sector firepower & boutique service to help clients achieve growth, you will have all the benefits of working in a global agency combined with sector specific team mentality.
We are smart, passionate people on a mission to make a difference in the world.
More than an integrated marketing agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, pioneering industries, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Passionate. Curious. Trustworthy. Kind.
Ideally, you will have five, or more years’ experience in travel PR or within journalism and of course have a strong knowledge of the media landscape and a true passion for the travel industry and curiosity to explore.
Forging a bold way forward.
- As Account Director you will be developing strategy and creative campaign elements for some of the best destinations and brands in the business.
- You will be mentoring junior team members and working closely with several Partners and Vice Presidents, across a portfolio of exciting travel clients, to deliver varied consumer campaigns across a variety of platforms including print digital and broadcast.
- Projects will be strategic and innovative, from concept through to execution to ensure excellent client exposure.
- You will oversee the creation of media lists, activity reports, content creation, organise and host events, sell in stories, and attend client meetings.
- Hosting media and keeping on top of journalistic needs and deadlines is integral to the role as well as arranging those all-important press trips.
- You’ll lead brainstorms and oversee campaign delivery; we are a collaborative bunch here at FINN and want the opinions of all team members.
We listen. We engage. We act.
There is no typical day. Generally, working hours are 9.00-5:30pm, Monday to Friday but sometimes there are times you will be out until late or up at the crack of dawn organising photo shoots or attending events. Plus there is international travel involved with press trips and conferences – that is the nature of PR.
We offer a hybrid working structure that offers a mix of WFH and WFO and our expansive office next to Liverpool Street Station is designed for hybrid brainstorms, meetings, and get-togethers as a team. Not based in London? That’s ok – we have team members across the UK who visit the office on occasion, so we welcome remote applicants, and we offer flexible working options.
Fast track to results.
- 5+ years of public relations experience in travel, tourism and lifestyle. Agency experience is preferable.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in the luxury travel sector is preferred
- Excel in a fast-paced environment; self-starter that takes initiative; independent worker
- Previous experience overseeing client accounts and supervising junior team members
- Ability to develop and manage client budgets.
- Provide excellent client service, within budget.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- 25 days’ holiday plus 5 additional “summer days”, with the ability to carry days over
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Referral bonuses for hiring and new business
- Free breakfast and complimentary snacks
- Wellness subsidy
- Tax-free Work from Home subsidy
- Hybrid working structure – flexible number of days in the office – min. one
- Dog friendly office
Why FINN Travel? Leaders in the 360 travel ecosystem.
FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing global, independent communications agencies with a heart and a conscience. We serve clients through a powerful combination of hands-on partnership, highly specialised expertise, and a values-driven culture that champions integrity, collaboration, and innovation. More than an agency, we are agents of change and our tenacious and gregarious team is on an evolving quest to develop and originate innovative content and award-winning ideas.
- 1400+ people worldwide
- 200+ travel pros
- 33 offices
- 3 continents
A coveted portfolio of the world’s leading travel brands. FINN Partners has decades of experience representing destination, hospitality, tourism, lifestyle, food & beverage, art & architecture and economic development clients with award-winning B2B and B2C strategies.
We understand and can influence every aspect of the travel industry – bringing together fully integrated teams to deliver attention-earning results.
One size does not fit all. We create personalised marketing and communications solutions based on each client’s unique needs. With deep Travel & Tourism expertise at the core, our model flexes seamlessly, tapping into specialized knowledge and relationships in Consumer Lifestyle, Corporate, Sustainability, Wellness, Public Affairs and Crisis Communications, along with the full arsenal of integrated capabilities —spanning research, creative, digital, social, influencer and partnerships — to help our clients achieve their business goals.
A select portfolio of purpose-driven work. We are an acknowledged leader in Purpose & Social Impact — spanning CSR, ESG, Sustainability, Environment, DEI and Employee Engagement. From Day one, we have sought to build and maintain a diverse culture that is welcoming and celebratory of all people — not because it’s a trending topic, but because it matters deeply to us.
Want to see what we get up to? Check us out on our social channels IG @finnpartnerstravel or LinkedIn FINN Partners Global Travel.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.