PR Account Director (Travel)
What’s the gig?
FINN Partners is on the hunt for an Account Director to join our UK travel PR practice. Our Travel Practice is a multi-award winning, scooping Agency of the Year at the Travel Marketing Awards and Best PR Agency at the TravMedia awards 2022.
Ideally, you will have five, or more years’ experience in travel PR or within journalism and of course; have a strong knowledge of the media landscape. You will have the desire or impulse to travel, wander and explore this beautiful world and be ready to bring your passion to an award-winning integrated agency. The focus of this role is on luxury travel and interest in this travel sector is preferred.
What you’ll be up to?
- As Account Director you will be developing strategy and creative campaign elements for some of the best destinations and brands in the business.
- You will be mentoring junior team members and working closely with several Partners, across a portfolio of exciting travel clients, to deliver varied consumer campaigns across a variety of platforms including print digital and broadcast.
- Projects will be strategic and innovative, from concept through to execution to ensure excellent client exposure.
- You will oversee the creation of media lists, activity reports, content creation, organise and host events, sell in stories, and attend client meetings.
- Hosting media and keeping on top of journalistic needs and deadlines is integral to the role as well as arranging those all-important press trips.
- You’ll lead brainstorms and oversee campaign delivery; we are a collaborative bunch here at FINN and want the opinions of all team members.
Day to day?
There is no typical day… generally, working hours are 9.00- 5:00pm, Monday to Friday but sometimes there are times you will be out until late or up at the crack of dawn organising photo shoots or attending events – that is the nature of PR.
We offer a hybrid working structure that offers a mix of WFH and WFO and our gorgeous new office next to Liverpool Street Station is designed for hybrid brainstorms, meetings, and get-togethers as a team.
Not based in London? That’s ok – we have team members scattered across the UK who visit the office on occasion, so we welcome remote applicants, and we offer flexible working options.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of public relations experience in travel, tourism and lifestyle. Agency experience is preferable.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in the luxury travel sector is preferred
- Excel in a fast-paced environment; self-starter that takes initiative; independent worker
- Previous experience overseeing client accounts and supervising junior team members
- Ability to develop and manage client budgets.
- Provide excellent client service, within budget.
FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing global, independent communications agencies with a heart and a conscience. We serve clients through a powerful combination of hands-on partnership, highly specialised expertise, and a values-driven culture that champions integrity, collaboration, and innovation. More than an agency, we are agents of change and our tenacious and gregarious team is on an evolving quest to develop and originate innovative content and award-winning ideas.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/gdpr-europe/.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/diversity-policy/