PR Account Director – Consumer
Finn Partners is one of the fastest growing communications firms in the world. From media relations to cutting edge digital content, social media and creative, we produce amazing work and incredible results for clients. Do you devour media in all forms? Are you a connector of people and information? Are you a quick thinker who thrives in agile, collaborative team environments?
Are you looking for an agency where you can build and grow your career? Can you see yourself as part of a team that creatively finds new ways to instil brand loyalty? If so, Finn Partners could be the place for you.
We are looking for an integrated communications pro to join our Consumer PR team as an Associate Vice President in our London office. Our consumer division works for some of the best-known lifestyle brands and retailers on the high street and online. We develop strategic consumer campaigns based on up to the minute insights that engage the media and consumers using a 360-degree toolbox of digital and traditional media tactics and content generation as well as providing senior level counsel, issues management support, talent and influencer management and events management. We are results driven and get a buzz when we see tangible outcomes in sales, increased brand awareness and third-party recognition for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have strong traditional and online consumer and corporate experience gained working for a variety of lifestyle businesses across fashion, food and home. While sports PR experience would also be beneficial it is not a pre-requisite although a passion or interest in sports would be helpful.
We are looking for someone with a solid knowledge of the following areas, who understands how to maximize the strengths of each to deliver on a brand’s objectives:
- Online content: expertise in how content creation, community management, and new and emerging platforms work together to drive brand awareness and purchase.
- Earned media relations: particularly in finding unique opportunities to encourage consumer, lifestyle, business and trade media to cover clients.
- Media and brand partnerships: those that can propel the brand forward by reaching new, like-minded audiences.
- Influencer, talent and spokespersons: strategy and execution that provide the cache of a third-party endorsement.
Armed with a go-getter work ethic and the ability to work across cross-functional teams, this candidate will develop and launch strategic programs from the ground up. The ideal team member also has an extensive background in account management and reporting/analytics as well as a passion for building engaged audiences across any and all client channels, platforms, and mediums.
- Working on a mix of high-profile consumer accounts across traditional retail and e-commerce, fashion and entertainment
- Working with third-party NGOs and consumer groups on campaigns and events with a social purpose and CSR credentials
- Collaboration on overall strategy and campaign planning for recognizable consumer brands, working closely with other team leads to integrate programs, find synergies and meet/exceed business objectives.
- Analysing channel performance to identify key trends and recommend new strategies, optimizations.
- Serving as day-to-day client contact.
- A motivating team player that encourages our eager, talented team.
- Developing and cultivating relationships with clients, media, partners and stakeholders.
- Overseeing day-to-day client projects and events, ensuring quality of work.
- Managing client programs including strategy development, campaign execution, team resourcing, analytics and reporting.
- Researching, developing, and presenting new business proposals.
- Managing account administration duties such as billing and financial reporting.
- Reviewing materials (e.g., pitch letters, news releases, newsletters, brand messaging, socialcopy/content) prepared by team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Creative strategy development and execution.
- Experience of 360 degree, fully-integrated consumer activations that drive traditional coverage and digital social content
- Experience of managing talent, ambassadors and influencer programmes
- Experience with issues management and writing corporate briefs and positioning statements
- Excellent client communication and leadership skills.
- Understanding of digital/social media platforms, trends, and measurement approaches.
- Strong speaking, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate account staff.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to manage fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Messaging and brand development experience.
- 5-6 years’ experience, preferably within an agency atmosphere
About Finn Partners
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/gdpr-europe/.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/diversity-policy/