You will have the sole responsibility for the effective and accurate processing of payroll and benefits ensuring deadlines are met. You will seek to provide an efficient and effective administration support service whilst complying with company policies, procedures, and payroll legislation.
Using our Dayforce platform, you will be required to process regular monthly payroll for all employee groups; performing complex payroll calculations; gathering and verifying information from departments for proper processing of payroll transactions.
- Be the first point of contact for handling all payroll administrative queries
- Processes monthly payroll, collating data from all the business units, ensuring that the relevant authorisations have been obtained prior to processing payroll changes
- Process starters and leavers and pro-rate payments accordingly
- Maintain payroll records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and compliance with relevant law
- At all times honours confidentiality of employees’ pay records
- Running and distributing payroll reports to the finance department
- Coordinating effectively with the HR Administration team to ensure correct employee data
- Ensure Pension Auto Enrolment compliance
- Calculation and input of maternity, paternity and shared parental leave pay
- Ensuring all payroll deadlines are met monthly
- Administration of company benefits, generating appropriate payroll reports and uploading the details for benefits purchased and relevant deductions
- Month-end procedures including RTI reporting.
- Year-end procedures including P11d’s
- Dealing with employee queries.
- Liaising with outside bodies – HMRC, pension providers, auditors etc
- Issue final payslips and P45’s to leavers
- Liaise and communicate with senior figures within the business
- Assist with the administration of all staff benefit schemes
- Produce any ad hoc reports for various stakeholders
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within Payroll
- Up to date with current payroll legislation
- Good knowledge of pensions
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce package an advantage
- Good timekeeping and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Always maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Being a strong team player and working as part of a busy team in a fast-paced environment.
- To act with autonomy, discretion, and flexibility to deliver a smooth payroll function.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- A quick thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for creativity or the ability to adapt and be flexible as required.
- Highly numerate, analytical mind-set and has high attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
The ideal candidate will have Significant knowledge and experience of UK payroll, auto enrolment pension regulations and legislation, with knowledge of the employment allowance, and Real Time Information (RTI) submissions.
The position would suit an excellent communicator with a professional approach and strong organisation skills. They will require an ability to plan, manage multiple time bound priorities and an eye for detail.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- 25 days’ holiday plus 5 additional “summer days”
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonuses for hiring and new business
- Free breakfast and complimentary snacks
- Wellness subsidy
- Tax-free Work from Home subsidy
- Hybrid working structure – flexible number of days in the office
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/gdpr-europe/.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/diversity-policy/