MICE Manager/Executive – Travel Marketing & Representation
Finn Partners’ Travel Marketing & Representation team currently represents an amazing array of tourist board clients around the world and is now looking to expand its team of specialists. To satisfy the MICE Manager / Exec role, you should be a capable and confident sales operator who has a thorough understanding of the required UK travel trade and MICE landscape, along with being fully in control of the promotional and procurement tools available to create the required demand for both B2B and B2C destination clients. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in working with and maintaining current contacts with various MICE associations and organisers, to seamlessly connect with on behalf of the client. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their success in their part of procuring and delivering MICE activities for a destination client.
This role will involve executing strategies and activities ensuring that client programmes and objectives are being adhered to and the accounts are well maintained and organised. The candidate will execute these activities and develop sales opportunities as deemed by fiscal plans to ensure client expectations are met and measured. The candidate will also feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, a master multitasker, love to work hard, play hard and most importantly, love to travel.
• Develop and cultivate existing relationships and experience with Meetings and Conference organisations on behalf of the client and external audiences.
• Actively seek pipeline opportunities for the client to procure conferences and events in the destination.
• Assist the client in the procurement of MICE RFPs with reputable brands to continuously build upon their strong representation in the sector.
• Ensure active participation and infiltration of MICE associations such as AEIA, MIA UK, ABPCO and others
• Oversee day-to-day MICE projects and/or events to ensure the quality of work meets client’s objective and does so in a manner that provides value.
• Assist in the management of client account administration duties such as budget management, billing and financial reporting.
• Recommend and implement initiatives that improve the MICE sector’s perception of the client.
• Oversee all aspects of major events for client.
• Organise and host sector specific familiarisation trips.
• Utilise industry contacts and memberships to conduct regular sales calls to raise awareness of the client’s services and products.
• Handle special sector inquiries on behalf of the client.
• Review promotional materials (e.g., brochures, news releases, fact sheets, newsletters) and event calendars for use in-market on behalf of the client.
• Develop and place promotional content by and about the client in appropriate business, trade and sector publications.
• Maintain clear and consistent communications with the client on pipeline opportunities and any other issues that may arise.
• Partner with client and other 3rd party firms (i.e., event agencies, exhibition stand builders and experiential companies) to develop and execute agreed plans.
• Research, assist and present new business proposals and MICE RFPs
• Develop original research, surveys, and market studies to inform existing and new proposals.
• Strong oral, writing and editing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and influential skills
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Knowledge of MICE landscape and trends
• Strong sector relationships and access to MICE associations such as AEIA, MIA UK, ABPCO and relevant others
• Proven social media skills
• Ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
• Ability to develop and present new business pitches.
• Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
• Strong ability to develop and deliver presentations and pitches to and on behalf of clients.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Ability to plan strategically and globally.
• Ability to write strategic materials for client.
• Comprehension of the financial aspects of the business.
• Comprehension of performance management.
• Computer literacy.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Availability to travel as needed to national off-site meetings and abroad.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and passion
• Team player
• Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
• Quality of work
• Staff management
• Staff development
• Presentation skills
• Creative problem solving
• Extensive professional experience with a minimum of 4 years of agency/MICE experience.
• Solid understanding of MICE sector
• Current contacts and relationships with conference organisers, associations, and the incentives market
• Experience with and strong understanding of travel industry.
• In-depth knowledge of MICE key trade publications.
• University degree.
• Right to live and work in the UK
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 700+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.