Internship – PR Global Travel Practice
FINN Partners’ Travel public relations and marketing/representation team is recruiting for a superstar in the making to be part of its Global growing team. The internship is for one year.
The Travel team is one of the UK’s leading travel PR and marketing teams with a varied portfolio from tourist boards to hotel groups, tour operators to airlines. This is a team of 30 in the UK travel practice and 100 combining all other practices in the London office. We have a lively, friendly, fun and collegiate team culture matched with a hard-working ethos focused on achieving the best results for our clients.
The ideal candidate should have an energetic and proactive approach, a passion for travel, strong organisational skills and a desire to be part of a team that creates amazing digital and traditional media campaigns, hosts stellar consumer and media events and generates fantastic coverage. An intern candidate should be a team player who is willing to learn. Our interns get stuck into everything!
This internship will directly support the Global Travel Leader, and her Global Team. Travel Practices in FINN are based in various offices in North America, Germany, Asia, and even Hawaii!
Internship responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Global Travel Leader with administrative tasks
- Supporting the wider PR team on day-to-day activities
- Monitoring the media
- Collating and evaluating media coverage
- Assisting with campaigns
- Getting involved in research
- Drafting press releases
- General administrative support in the office
- Creating social media content ideas
- Keeping media lists up to date
- Attending industry events and networking
- Establishing relationships with media
- 70% – global – newsletter – meetings
- 30% – little bits for UK – client lists – admin tasks – actual PR things, trade representation
Candidates should possess the following key skills:
- Enthusiasm and desire to be involved in and understand media and PR
- General awareness of current issues affecting global tourism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in travel and the tourism
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, organisation and confidence are a must
- A keen eye for social media trends
- Resourcefulness and an innovative approach
- Being a team player
- IT skills
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- 25 days’ holiday plus 5 additional “summer days”, with the ability to carry days over
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonuses for hiring and new business
- Free breakfast and complimentary snacks
- Wellness subsidy
- Monthly Work From Home subsidy to help with WFH costs
- Hybrid working structure
Ideally, you will have graduated with a bachelor’s degree of 2:1 or above and have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
And who are we? We are FINN Partners – a firm that is 100% loyal to you and your success. We know how to roll up our sleeves and get the job done, but we won’t sacrifice our integrity and values in the process. Finn Partners is a global integrated PR and marketing agency that offers a full range of services, including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.