Head of Strategy and Copy
FINN Partners, a dynamic and strategically expanding global integrated communications and marketing firm, is looking for a Head of Strategy and Copy to join its UK team. This role is an integral part of the team and requires previous experience managing a team, strong writing skills, and most have agency experience. The Head of Strategy and Copy is the writings teams lead and inspiration and the tone and voice behind every project. The potential candidate needs to be a very hands on person. Someone who won’t just be writing taglines, but in fact happy to write an email, do strategy, to work with the writers to re-write a landing page, or high-profile brochure.
What we’re looking for:
- Copy geek and creative writing force.
- Inspirational leader and mentor.
- Enjoys writing strategy and writing content across various pieces of collateral.
- Works closely with design and writing teams to develop creative strategy for brand projects.
- Leads team in creative campaigns, encouraging collaboration, leading brainstorms, providing creative strategy to help with execution.
- Oversee and work across multiple projects ranging from emails, landing pages, blog content, creative campaigns, video, websites, apps, customer letters, forms and campaigns to brand identities, tone of voice guidelines, and naming.
- Generate and share original ideas that result in effective and compelling communications, improving our clients’ customer experience, and getting them real business results.
- Promotes proofing best practice, oversee proofing deliverables for accuracy against the brief, as well as for any errors, before they’re sent to the client.
- Ensures writing team maintains brand standards, voice & tone when writing copy.
- Thinks critically about projects and knows when to push back or evolve strategy to best meet goals.
- Run and facilitate great workshops – internally and with clients.
- Share supervisory roles with the Global Creative Director, such as mentoring of team members, inspiring, and encouraging the other writers.
- Confidently direct the writing team and sign off creative work.
- Flexibility to travel 1-2 times a year.
Strategy and Creativity
- Ensure all major projects have a documented strategy that ties together everything – from initial brief to final creative.
- 7 + years experience
- Capture and articulate client briefs, challenges, and opportunities – with a strong ability to join the dots and articulate the challenges in a broader context.
- Work with Managing Director and Account Manager to lead projects across content strategy, digital branding, content creation and customer engagement.
- Will only consider candidates with experience writing in banking, finance, and insurance.
Please apply with salary requirements and link to portfolio.
What’s in it for me?
FINN Partners offers its team members a number of great benefits:
- Market-leading holiday provision: 25 days’ holiday plus 5 additional “summer days”
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Referral bonuses for hiring and new business
- Free breakfast and complimentary snacks
- Wellness subsidy
- Work from home subsidy
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,300+ employees, with offices in cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.