Assistant Account Executive – Financial Services & Corporate PR
Finn Partners is a full-service communications agency. Our Financial Services & Corporate PR team works for a range of leading financial institutions such as investment banks, fintechs, credit rating agencies, analytics providers, financial market lobbyists and insurance brokers. Our Corporate clients consist of NGO’s, think-tanks, professional associations and some of the largest multinational enterprises globally. Combining intelligence-led news generation and thought-leadership campaigns, the team focuses on communicating its clients’ expertise using a range of content generation and media penetration strategies (as well as events and digital media). It also acts as a trusted collaborative partner with a deep understanding of client sensitivities.
We are looking for media-savvy graduates that want to learn how to write great content, and to also learn how to become strong PR executives. This person will support colleagues in servicing a range of clients, delivering high-quality media results that meet or exceed client goals. The successful AAE may be involved in devising creative strategies that utilise traditional and digital/social media, helping develop client content, including media materials, online content, media pitches, bylines and Q&As and participating in media outreach. You’ll get bags of responsibility from day-one, plus lots of on-the-job training and a good variety of tasks. There are also excellent prospects for promotion via a goal-oriented career guidance programme.
- Support Account Managers in producing high-quality written content that helps communicate clients’ expertise.
- Pitch press releases, news stories and thought leadership opportunities to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online.
- Build relationships with journalists to secure high-profile coverage for clients.
- Seeking out media and awards opportunities for clients.
- Attend events and produce post-event content/write-ups.
- Social media production and management.
- Contribute to creation of communications strategies and tactics that meet client objectives.
- Ensure client and media deliverables are high-quality and error-free.
- Contribute to raising Moorgate’s profile.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Finn Partners network.
- Be a team player in a growing team.
The ideal candidate:
- A bachelor’s degree (2:1 minimum).
- A strong writer with the ability to turn technical information into engaging content.
- Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written (including editing skills).
- Media savvy individual who keeps informed on financial services topics and issues in the media.
- Team player who can lead as well as jump in at all levels when needed.
- Enjoys a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment and is looking for a place to both grow and thrive.
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, more than 1,000 of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up FINN Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education, and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing, and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/gdpr-europe/.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/diversity-policy/