Account Manager – Travel
Are you an Account Manager with wanderlust? Come and join FINN Partners, an award-winning global integrated communications agency. Recent client wins mean that we are on the hunt for a talented public relations account manager for our UK travel PR practice. You will need experience of media relations and pitching, writing, and social media comms as well as a passion for the travel industry as we prepare for take-off once again. The coming months are crucial in travel communications as restrictions change and the news agenda has all eyes on what the industry is doing. With tourism boards, airlines, hotel groups, tour operators and big travel industry names counting on us to get it right, we are keen to meet with candidates who are hungry for success, have a keen eye for a story, digitally savvy, creatively minded and extremely organised. Language skills are a bonus.
In pre-pandemic times, our Account Managers were serial globe-trotters and we are looking forward to the world opening up again this year and those opportunities to explore will be part of this role. Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely and have been doing so effectively for over a year. When the time is right we will return to our new office in Liverpool Street with flexible working options.
- Develop and cultivate relationship with the client and external audiences.
- Oversee day-to-day client projects and/or events to ensure the quality of work meets client’s objective and does so in a manner that provides value.
- Assist in the management of account administration duties such as billing and financial reporting.
- Recommend and implement initiatives that improve the public’s perception of the client.
- Oversee all aspects of major events for client.
- Organise and host press trips.
- Create and planning campaigns across social including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitch.
- Devise influencer outreach campaigns.
- Handle special media inquiries.
- Review materials (e.g., pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters) prepared by Senior Account Executives, Account Executives or Assistant Account Executives.
- Develop tailored staff development plans for junior staff working under their supervision
- Develop materials on complex issues (e.g., Q&As, speeches, collateral materials).
- Develop, pitch and place positive stories by and about the client in appropriate business, trade and consumer media.
- Cultivate positive client presence in all media through releases, contact and responsiveness to inquiries/requests.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications between the client and account team consistently providing strategic advice and counsel.
- Partner with client and other communications firms (i.e., ad agencies) to develop and complete communications plan.
- Research, assist and present new business proposals.
- Develop original research, surveys, and market studies for existing and new business proposals.
- Develop complete communications plans for clients.
- Strong oral, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate account staff.
- Knowledge of influencer marketing landscape and trends
- Strong influencer marketing skills and relationships
- Proven social media management skills
- Ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
- Ability to develop and present new business pitches.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to develop and deliver presentations and pitches to clients.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to plan strategically and globally.
- Ability to write strategic materials for client.
- Comprehension of the financial aspects of the business.
- Comprehension of performance management.
- Computer literacy.
- Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion
- Team player
- Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
- Quality of work
- Staff management
- Staff development
- Presentation skills
- Creative problem solving
- Extensive professional experience with a minimum of 3 years of agency/PR experience.
- Consumer, digital, broadcast, journalism or travel comms experience.
- Broad understanding or public relations.
- Broad understanding of travel industry and client.
- In-depth knowledge of media relations from key trade publications to national outlets. University degree.
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 700+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.