Account Manager – Travel Marketing & Representation
Travel with passion. Travel with purpose.
FINN Partners is looking for an Account Manager to join our UK Travel Marketing & Representation Practice. We are a multi-award winning Practice that specialises in travel and tourism recently winning PR Agency of the Year at The Travel Marketing Awards for the sixth consecutive year.
We put travel, tourism and lifestyle brands on the map.
As a global, independent, integrated marketing powerhouse that fuses unrivalled travel expertise with cross-sector firepower & boutique service to help clients achieve growth, you will have all the benefits of working in a global agency combined with sector specific team mentality.
We are smart, passionate people on a mission to make a difference in the world.
More than an integrated marketing agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, pioneering industries, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Minimum 3 years of travel trade experience with the necessary skills to manage a team responsible for a number of accounts. Specific experience working on US destination accounts as well as experience in account management, marketing, trade industry relationships and other tourism promotional activities are desirable.
- Excellent internal and external communication particularly with the travel trade and promotional media
- Excellent contacts in relevant fields including US travel industry contacts
- Ability to flexibly manage team workloads and priorities
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills and tenacious attitude
- Creative and fun approach to marketing
- Proactive, self-motivated, resourceful and innovative team player
- A desire to learn and a self-initiated approach to keeping up to date with industry progress
- IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email Marketing, current Social Media and other Web2.0 platforms.
- General business acumen
- Awareness of budgeting process
- Responsibility for checking accuracy and achieving quality standards in all self- generated work and all client projects
- Attending industry events and networking sessions to raise both client and Finn Partners profile
- Accurate maintenance of office admin to ensure conformance to client contracts with particular focus on invoicing procedures.
- General control of account servicing – identify areas that require additional support or funds.
- Brief third-party suppliers and organise bought in services.
- Responsible for quality of written materials sent out on behalf of the agency
- Research and contribution to marketing and activity, reviews and evaluations.
- Involvement in and awareness of representation strategy and associated activities including trade training.
- Full-spectrum project management from conception to delivery.
- Draw upon industry experience and research to develop, build and plan fiscal activities for annual budget proposals.
Relationship Management: Client Relations
- Delivery of approved action plans and work schedules for trade representation and promotional activity as client appropriate.
- Delivery of client monthly activity reports and ad hoc reporting.
- Regular liaison with clients to ensure work is progressing according to the planned programme.
- Planning and implementation of client activities within budget.
- Proactively research markets and client information in order to understand issues and operating environments.
Relationship Management: Trade relations:
- Specific responsibility for account management of the core Tour Operator accounts for each Destination client.
- Regular maintenance of trade contacts database.
- Liaise with the trade on a pro-active and reactive basis, effectively building and maintaining relationships with key contacts in person and by telephone.
- Build effective relationships with target tour operators with a view to increasing client exposure and managing co-op promotional campaigns.
- Involvement in the planning, management and delivery of trade training sessions for both tour operators and travel agents and other similar events.
- Constantly look for and seize promotional opportunities whenever possible.
- Plan all elements of and attend, support and represent clients at consumer & trade shows when required.
Relationship Management: Internal Relations:
- Plan, organise and manage account executives (including any industry internship roles) and support staff in managing their day to day activities, maintaining quality control over workload produced by account executives as and when applicable.
- Awareness of account executive’s workloads and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Proactively identify any team issues and discuss resolution strategies with senior management.
- Communicate and work effectively within each client team and across the representation and PR functions.
- Acknowledge staff development needs and make recommendations for support and training programmes.
- Contribution to new business brainstorm sessions
- Driving new business research
- Active participation in producing and delivering pitch presentations / RFP solution
- Development of new opportunities on existing business
We listen. We engage. We act.
There is no typical day. Generally, working hours are 9.00-5:30pm, Monday to Friday but sometimes there are times you will be out until late or up at the crack of dawn attending events.
We offer a hybrid working structure that offers a mix of WFH and WFO and our expansive office next to Liverpool Street Station is designed for hybrid brainstorms, meetings, and get-togethers as a team.
Not based in London? That’s ok – we have team members across the UK who visit the office on occasion, so we welcome remote applicants, and we offer flexible working options.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- 25 days’ holiday plus 5 additional “summer days”, with the ability to carry days over
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Referral bonuses for hiring and new business
- Free breakfast and complimentary snacks
- Wellness subsidy
- Tax-free Work from Home subsidy
- Hybrid working structure – flexible number of days in the office – min. one
- Dog friendly office
Why FINN Travel? Leaders in the 360 travel ecosystem.
FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing global, independent communications agencies with a heart and a conscience. We serve clients through a powerful combination of hands-on partnership, highly specialised expertise, and a values-driven culture that champions integrity, collaboration, and innovation. More than an agency, we are agents of change and our tenacious and gregarious team is on an evolving quest to develop and originate innovative content and award-winning ideas.
- 1400+ people worldwide
- 200+ travel pros
- 33 offices
- 3 continents
A coveted portfolio of the world’s leading travel brands. FINN Partners has decades of experience representing destination, hospitality, tourism, lifestyle, food & beverage, art & architecture and economic development clients with award-winning B2B and B2C strategies.
We understand and can influence every aspect of the travel industry – bringing together fully integrated teams to deliver attention-earning results.
One size does not fit all. We create personalised marketing and communications solutions based on each client’s unique needs. With deep Travel & Tourism expertise at the core, our model flexes seamlessly, tapping into specialized knowledge and relationships in Consumer Lifestyle, Corporate, Sustainability, Wellness, Public Affairs and Crisis Communications, along with the full arsenal of integrated capabilities —spanning research, creative, digital, social, influencer and partnerships — to help our clients achieve their business goals.
A select portfolio of purpose-driven work. We are an acknowledged leader in Purpose & Social Impact — spanning CSR, ESG, Sustainability, Environment, DEI and Employee Engagement. From Day one, we have sought to build and maintain a diverse culture that is welcoming and celebratory of all people — not because it’s a trending topic, but because it matters deeply to us.
Want to see what we get up to? Check us out on our social channels IG @finnpartnerstravel or LI FINN Partners Global Travel.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/gdpr-europe.html.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.uk/diversity-statement.html.