Assistant Account Executive – B2B Technology PR
Finn Partners in London is looking for an entrepreneurially-minded Assistant Account Executive (AAE) for its fast-growing office. Being an assistant account executive with Finn Partners will suit someone who loves the media – whether that’s making sure you’ve got today’s newspaper under your arm, having an opinion on the latest controversial marketing campaign, writing your own blog, or building your own brand on social media. Possessing a can-do attitude, our ideal AAE will be a self-starter with a penchant for problem-solving, who wants to learn and grow in a supportive, yet fast-moving environment. Strength of character and a good sense of humour will go down well, too!
This position is to work on B2B technology clients so applicants will need to have a desire to work in this sector and an aptitude for understanding complex technology.
The Assistant Account Executive will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Produce effective writing – Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include news releases, blogs, case studies, opinion articles and internal communications).
- Use social media – Understand when the use of social media is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign and for a business, blogging and SEO.
- Media Liaison – Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, selecting strategies and tactics to pitch stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (ie journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products.
- Client Liaison – Attending and participating in client meetings both in-person and by phone.
- Deliver and evaluate PR campaigns – Support the team in creating tactics, brainstorming, understanding the key elements of developing a strategy and be able to monitor and evaluate.
- Presenting – Plan, structure and deliver presentations internally and externally taking an active and professional role.
- Research & Data Analysis – To be able to research information for the team and/or clients and report key details.
- Events – Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
- Analyst and speaker programmes – Liaising with analyst firms and event organisers to secure briefings and speaking slots.
- Issues development – Speculatively pitching ideas, writing media alerts, responding to topical issues in the media.
The assistant account executive will be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
- Time Management – Effective planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure you meet deadlines and objectives across several clients.
- Diary Management – Use of outlook, ensuring diary/diaries are kept up to date.
- Arranging Meetings – Both internally and externally ensuring rooms are suitable, clean and tidy.
- Career Development – Taking responsibility for your own learning and professional development.
- Working to activity plans – Ensuring that all client objectives and deadlines are clearly understood.
Working with People
The assistant account executive will be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Develop relationships – with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication.
- Communicating with managers / directors and other team members – Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise.
- Team Building – Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment.
- Networking – Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining an professional image.
- Follow company procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Practical use of Microsoft Office packages and experience of using social media
- Creative skills
- Organisation skills
- Client focused
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Interest in business technology
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Degree with classification of 2:1 or higher
- At least three A levels or equivalent A*-C
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 1000+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/gdpr-europe/.
We are committed to a comprehensive policy for diversity and inclusion. Our diversity statement can be viewed at https://www.finnpartners.com/uk/diversity-policy/