Finn Partners’ was tapped to launch the first ever U.S. China Film and Television Industry, a two-day entertainment event that united leaders from the world’s leading entertainment market at the Los Angeles Convention center to explore mutually beneficial business opportunities.
To position the Expo as an innovative platform that brings together the Chinese and American film and television industries under one roof, the team worked hand in hand with Expo organizers and leveraged personal relationships to develop a robust panel session schedule with participation from top executives and producers in both the U.S. and China.
Knowing that industry executive schedules book fast, and that awareness takes time, Finn Partners implemented a tiered media strategy with both editorial and advertising placements starting six months out to build curiosity and buzz for the event. To do this, Finn Partners compiled stats and industry trends to educate media on why the Expo is important in the current media landscape and positioned the UCFTI organizers the go-to experts for any questions regarding the Chinese entertainment industry and box office numbers – a hot topic as China was positioned to take over as a leader in box office revenue for studios.
- Attracted 60 no-cost speakers to fill 9 panels and 5 scheduled keynotes including top executives from Relativity Media, The Weinstein Company, Technicolor, Universal Pictures, ARRI, Shanghai Film Group and the Beijing Film Academy
- Expanded a two-day event into six months of awareness and exposure
- Coverage of the inaugural Expo reached 205 million impressions
- Numerous articles across all leading outlets for the Los Angeles entertainment industry, including The Los Angeles Times, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline Hollywood
- Secured attendance and opening remarks from Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Approximately 500 attendees visited the two-day event, with 450 VIP guests attending the opening night gala