Conducting communications around an initial public offering posed many challenges such as:
- Abiding by strict SEC guidelines regarding consistent language and managing the cadence of outbound communications across Rubicon Project’s fifteen global offices.
- Providing full support on all aspects of the IPO process including media relations, crisis communications, event planning, legal strategy and launch execution.
In addition to the strategy of securing an exclusive with a tier-one business publication, Horn Group also canvassed more than 100 relevant industry journalists and influencers. Within 72 hours, the team secured more than 30 media briefings with Rubicon Project executives including an exclusive with the Wall Street Journal and broadcast interviews with CNBC, BloombergTV, TheStreet.com and CNN Money. Media coverage included:
- More than 10 broadcast clips
- Over 300 articles with syndicated pieces from Reuters and the AP
- Coverage in FOX Business, Fortune, Forbes, USA Today etc.
Nearly 100% of all resulting coverage positioned Rubicon Project as a pioneer in advertising automation and not just another ad-tech company. CNBC’s Bob Pisani said that Rubicon Project’s entire pricing and execution was “The Perfect IPO.”