Finn Partners created and implemented “Love is Love” - a group sunrise beach wedding and vow renewal in Greater Fort Lauderdale for 100 gay and straight couples from around the globe. Activities included:
- Promoting the "Love is Love" contest via its dedicated www.sunny.org/LoveIsLove microsite for couples to register with their photos and love stories; this served as the strategy and platform to attract 100 couples to participate. LGBT and straight couples representing 18 U.S. states, London, Italy, and South America registered.
- Leveraging partnerships with JetBlue, CruisePlanners and the W Fort Lauderdale Hotel to provide a complimentary two-night stay and roundtrip airfare.
- Promoting the individual commitment stories of select registered couples regionally and nationally
- Securing celebrity Lance Bass as the “Love is Love" Ambassador and a strategic media spokesperson.
- Implementing robust, results-driven media relations and social media programs.
- Originally scheduled to take place on Fort Lauderdale beach, the ceremony was moved indoors when a tropical storm threatened the area. The outcome was a moving, beautifully orchestrated and touching ceremony and experience for all.
- More than 40 interviews with couples, guests, Lance Bass, CVB representatives pre-, on-site and post-wedding
- 201 unique broadcast hits with a total viewership of 58,322,236 yielding an ad value of $6,440,986.
- TV highlights include MSNBC, CNN, and NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX affiliates coast to coast.
- Print coverage totaled a circulation of 2,930,894 with an ad value of $479,669.94.
- Online coverage totaled 1,312 articles, 667,892,234 unique monthly viewers and $698,044 in ad value. Major coverage included the New York Times, Huffington Post, US Magazine, Toronto Sun, Yahoo! Travel, Miami Herald, Baltimore Sun, Brides Magazine, and Travel Weekly, among others.
- Love is Love video watched 740 times in January and February alone via YouTube
- #LoveIsLove and #HelloSunny hashtags achieved 1,137 posts, a reach of 13,637,433 and 13,638,570 impressions (Jan 1-Feb 8, 2015)
- Lance Bass averaged 700 likes per each of his Tweets, with a combined reach of 400,000
- 29,159 page views for Love is Love landing page (Jan-Feb 2015)
- Love is Love was the second most shared URL with 1,771 shares
- Sunny.org/Wedding page doubled in visits from December 2014 (7,741 visits) to January 2015 (14,753)