Only a year old at the time, Adify, a technology platform provider that enables media companies to create vertical ad networks, came to HORN as a largely unknown player in the online advertising space, with only 30 customers altogether.
The team set two objectives: establish the category of vertical ad networks; and position Adify as the market leader.
- Establish a new category in online advertising – vertical ad networks
- Highlight and profile the success of media companies working with Adify
- Court entrepreneurs who were empowered to start their own networks through Adify
- Establish CEO Russ Fradin as industry resource and thought leader
- News of ad network customers from Adify every other week
- Announcements of technology innovation to differentiate the company
- Frequent byline contributions in top industry trade outlets
- Rapid response to industry stories on growth of ad networks
- Secured speaking opportunities for CEO at industry conferences
- Landed Associated Press story to break Adify acquisition news
In just eight months, Adify found itself atop the market with 120 new customers. Even more noteworthy: the company became the largest online advertising acquisition in 2008 when Cox Enterprises purchased it for $300 million.
- Adify coverage of acquisition in Associated Press, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal and other top-tier media
- CEO speaking appearances at IAB MIXX, OMMA Global, ContentNext EconAds
- Adify byline contributions in Mediaweek, MediaPost, ADOTAS and others
- CEO included in entrepreneurs book by Silicon Valley influencer Sramana Mitra