VP/Partner, Operations & Resource Management
Location: Chicago, Detroit, or remote considered
VP/Partner, Operations & Resource Management (Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; or remote considered)
Job Summary: An Operations/Resource Management lead becomes the heartbeat of the practice areas it serves. In this role, we will rely on you to own the bird’s eye view of what is happening across the Digital Marketing and Creative teams and their resources. The ideal candidate is organized. Deadline driven. An elegant negotiator and a patient listener. Each day, you’re thinking about how we can better manage workflow, resources, and budgets. You’ll own the process and ensure it’s executed.
This person will set a schedule of deadlines for the completion of a job, assign resources, and make adjustments, as needed. This person manages the pulse of the delivery operation, is constantly managing project deliverables, communicating with account leads, and the client to ensure timely delivery with amazing results.
About FINN: Founded in 2011, FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing, independent PR and integrated marketing communications agencies in the world.
With more than 1,300 employees operating out of 27 offices around the world, FINN serves a diverse roster of clients through a powerful combination of hands-on partnership, highly-specialized expertise and a values-driven culture that champions collaboration, innovation and strives to create a more equitable world.
Why work for us? More than an agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Most great achievements in science, medicine, the arts, politics, and business are achieved as a result of a group of dedicated individuals coming together with a collaborative spirit. Without every team member, FINN is nothing more than an idea. Together we are special. By working together we are stronger, and it is only by striving together as one team—working hard, playing nice, creating a best-place-to-work environment, taking risks, making the world a better place, and amazing those around us—we can make FINN Partners a truly unique agency. Come be a part of the journey.
- Responsible for trafficking inbound campaign requests, coordinating necessary team resources and prioritizing projects in the queue to meet deadlines and client expectations.
- Has deep understanding of work, skill and time needed across COE teams
- Has experience managing or assisting with production bids and shoot schedules.
- Drives strategic and tactical plan alignment across cross-functional partners
- Develop project plans, work-back schedules, and process documentation for marketing initiatives and campaigns identifying key dependencies and planning accordingly
- Balance project constraints, risks, and challenges to ensure projects and campaigns are delivered on time, in scope, and within the allocated budget
- Assists with accounting and finances operations
- Ensure flawless execution of marketing campaigns
- Optimize processes for efficiency, impact, replication and scalability
- Participate in client calls and keep track of upcoming projects, needs, and opportunities
- Coordinate budgeting and invoicing in partnership with Finance
- Support internal team needs including meeting facilitation, reporting and training.
Resource Management Responsibilities
- Manage workflow with internal teams and external clients to ensure all necessary briefs, campaign materials and creative assets are received and distributed correctly.
- Manages capacity across teams to ensure staffing is accurate and we are forecasting for current workload as well as projecting headcount needs for new business in pipeline
- 12+ years’ as a Marketing Operations/Resource Manager of a team in multiple locations
- A general understanding of digital marketing campaigns including websites, content management systems (WordPress), social media, digital advertising and user experience is key to success in this position
- Strong project communication, management and organizational skills
- Experience using Mavenlink or comparable project management software
- Solutions-oriented problem solver and strategic thinker
- Experience building a campaign/project/account management team from the ground up a plus
About FINN Partners: FINN Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.