Public Relations Account Supervisor, RKPR
Location: San Diego, CA
Public Relations Account Supervisor
Rachel Kay Public Relations (RKPR), a FINN Partners company, is seeking a talented and passionate Public Relations Account Supervisor to join our New York, NY based team. Strong preference is for candidates living in the NYC metropolitan area -or- in the Solana Beach, California (metropolitan San Diego) area.
The Public Relations Account Supervisor drives agency and client strategy, team leadership and mentorship, and growth in our NY Office. Excellent strategic thinking, writing and editing skills, media relations savvy, inspirational team management and leadership, client relations, knowledge of social media and the ability to multitask, all with a sense of humor are ideal characteristics of outstanding Account Supervisors at our agency. This role reports to the Partner and Senior Partner and offers potential for career advancement.
RKPR, a FINN Partners company acquired in 2022, specializes in public relations and social/digital campaigns for consumer products and services and boasts an exciting roster of premier national brands in the food & beverage, health & wellness, home, and lifestyle spaces. We’re a nationally recognized team expanding quickly on both USA coasts. We are seeking an individual with the hunger, hustle and enthusiasm to effectively manage client accounts and mentor junior team members. We value kindness, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and dedication to our clients and our employees. We enjoy our jobs, and bring our creativity, humor, and positive energy to work. Come be part of our award-winning, strategic, high-growth PR agency!
- Participate in the development and execution of creative, strategic client public relations programs and campaigns, including budget and KPI tracking.
- Provide strategic public relations counsel to clients including crisis communication.
- Execute strong media relations activity while motivating and mentoring junior staff on larger storytelling techniques, expert positioning and reactive media relations.
- Draft and edit client-ready documents, strategies and other communication.
- Oversee weekly, biweekly and monthly verbal and written client reporting.
- Provide day-to-day counsel and leadership of junior staff who work in our NY and Solana Beach, CA offices.
- Manage weekly and monthly metrics and reporting.
- Has 4–6 years of CPG public relations experience in a PR agency setting (prior PR agency leadership experience is preferred).
- Possesses strong media relations strategy and storytelling skills
- Drives high-level thinking among junior public relations staff to ensure a full pipeline of top-tier, trend and feature stories.
- Displays compassionate and inspiring mentorship skills; counsels junior level staff in a positive and motivational manner.
- Has strong experience leading CPG communications programs and creative campaigns.
- Crafts compelling messages that drive business goals and elevate client programs; is a refined communicator.
- Generates grammatically sound, client-ready communication as a skilled writer and editor.
- Utilizes enthusiastic big-picture thinking; course-corrects and pivots when needed in order to achieve effective and decisive action.
- Advises and drives results that effectively meet internal and external needs, and exceeds client expectations.
Anticipated Salary: $75k- $82K. Commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace. #LI-KM1 San Diego, CA #LI-Hybrid
Please upload your resume and cover letter, as well as indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Rachel Kay Public Relations:
RKPR is a fun, smart, and collaborative bi-coastal team focused on executing targeted, results-oriented campaigns for our clients. We embrace creativity, out-of-the-box thinking and a passion for integrated marketing. We believe a balance between work and outside activities keeps us eager and excited about our programs, and we utilize a hybrid in office/WFH arrangement. You can learn more about RKPR at www.rachelakaypr.com.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. As our CEO Peter Finn says: “We work hard and play nice”.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,300+ employees, with offices in cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.