Head of Digital Marketing, Consumer
Location: New York, Chicago, Boston, or Washington D.C
Join Finn Partners and be part of building one of the most dynamic and fastest growing marketing and communications agencies in the world. We’re entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
We’re looking to fill a Head of Digital Marketing position to help us expand our work in the Consumer sector. This newly created leadership role will sit at the intersection of our 150-person integrated marketing team and 90-person consumer practice consisting of sector expertise in food & beverage, gaming, CPG, home, retail, fashion & apparel, and fitness, among other areas. This individual will serve as a bridge between consumer account teams across FINN offices and Integrated Marketing discipline leaders to help mobilize the right resources around net new and organic growth opportunities.
Business Development & Visibility
- Actively network with existing contacts in marketing/digital leadership roles across consumer brands to introduce FINN and uncover new opportunities for the agency
- Build new contacts in the consumer space to introduce the practice and its capabilities to prospective clients and referral sources
- Strategize and actively support the practice’s new business efforts through the development and delivery of capabilities and custom proposals, including integration of research, strategic initiatives, big ideas and tactical build outs.
- Play a central role in the delivery of consumer business pitches across all FINN offices.
- Establish agency POV on present and future role of digital marketing in the consumer marketing space.
- Identify and secure opportunities to share POV via speaking at industry events, webinars, and blog posts.
- Partner with Consumer Practice Leader to identify opportunities to increase revenue from existing clients by showcasing our digital marketing capabilities and bringing new ideas and solutions to the table
- Work with account directors to proactively develop and present social media ideas to clients; ensure social media thinking is central to all client proposals (not an add on)
- Strategically participate in client meetings and calls to listen for and identify client needs and selling opportunities; leverage opportunities to plant seeds with clients and open doors to new opportunities
- Partner with FINN’s influencer marketing lead to help identify more opportunities to expand FINN’s influencer work
- Work to identify and mobilize resources to support the execution of any digital marketing work; partner with digital marketing practitioners in the Consumer and IMC practices to build executional support team
- Understand and track barriers to expanding our digital marketing work with existing clients; partner with account directors to create paths to remove.
- Ensure social media work is priced properly during initial proposal and final scoping.
Training & Trend Watching
- Ensure account directors across the consumer practice are fully aware of our digital marketing capabilities
- Keep senior account directors informed about significant social media trends or channel/site/app changes via internal webinars and emails
- Inform and inspire account directors by sharing ‘outside in’ examples of other consumer brands doing breakthrough digital marketing work
General Practice Support
- Spearhead efforts to create and maintain a core digital marketing capabilities deck highlighting our full offer and best consumer-focused social media work; build a compelling story around our offer and experience.
- Ensure new social media-driven consumer case studies are written up and shared on an ongoing basis.
- Work with account directors to benchmark how much digital marketing work we are doing for every client in the practice and track its growth over a time.
Key Things We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years of experience designing and executing digital marketing work at a marketing services agency
- Portfolio of high-impact consumer work for well-known brands
- Track record of leveraging network to uncover new business opportunities
- Strong presenter; able to lead presentation of social media research, strategy, and tactics in a pitch
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of professional work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeing your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.