Consumer Intelligence Planner/Strategist, Global Intelligence
Location: Washington, D.C.
Willing to consider candidates in Central and West Coast time zones.
Finn Partners is a dynamic and fast-growing global integrated communications and marketing firm. We have created a position for a Consumer Intelligence Planner. The Consumer Intelligence Planner will provide deep consumer understanding and insight to inform the development of marketing and communications solutions at every stage. You will manage and synthesize all the research and process required to inform strategy, ideation, creative development, and campaigns. You will be part of a growing team inside one of the fastest growing independent communications agencies in the world, flanked by a team of smart, energetic data scientists, researchers, analysts and program managers.
You will lead the discovery process, directing work of junior team members, to inform strategy and ideation:
- Collaborate with agency creative, media planning, marketing technology, digital marketing, media relations, and client leadership.
- Demonstrate expertise with FINN Global Intelligence team briefing templates; crafting inspiring creative briefs and motivating briefing sessions; represent the voice of the consumer/shopper throughout the process.
- Represent the strategy and creative brief through the development of creative, activation and marketing plans to ensure the agency’s work reflects the approved strategy.
- Uncover insights based on discovery and analysis.
You’ll distill marketing intelligence to uncover compelling insights:
- Demonstrated proficiency with resources including Kantar, MRI, Nielsen/IRI, Iconoculture, Synthesio, industry trend reports, directing discovery work of junior team members.
- Keep up with demographic, social, industry trends, and monitor trends in areas related to FINN sector practice areas.
- Identify new sources of information and provide updates to industry sector teams and FINN offices worldwide.
- Demonstrate expertise across qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Develop conceptual measurement frameworks and collaborate with analytics teams to develop reporting systems and dashboards.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and initiative – must be able to work autonomously or in collaboration with other teams, especially our teams.
- A history of leveraging a data-informed, holistic view of the client’s business, category dynamics, cultural intelligence and human behavior to drive creative solutions that deliver value for brands, preferably working on variety of major consumer brands.
- A desire to recommend and implement research, listening methodologies and data hacking to gain insights that address client business issues.
- An understanding of the key trends that drive consumer behavior and affect the way that brands communicate – always living at the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity.
- Ability to create an insight that is actionable and provides a unique point-of-view.
- A demonstrated understanding of client deliverables and their expected business outcomes
- Comfortability working on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, adept at leading meetings and workshops with clients and colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred. Research, human behavior or psychology-related majors are a big plus.
- 6-10 years of experience in marketing and/or strategic services organizations such as an advertising agency account planning department, marketing strategy, consulting firm or other relevant field. Major consumer-facing advertising agencies experience a huge plus.
- Working knowledge in media, digital marketing technologies and/or multi-channel planning to effectively work with those agency functions staff.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to support strategy development.
- Background in Account Planning, Brand Strategy, Strategic Planning, Communications Planning or other related Marketing Strategy expertise.
- Outstanding oral and written storytelling skills as well as presentation skills
- Ideally the person for this role thrives on the impact they can have on bringing ideas to life and is interested in all forms of strategy, planning, and thinking.
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.