Associate Vice President
Location: Seattle, remote considered, (except Colorado)
Finn Partners has an opening for an experienced Associate Vice President (AVP) level for its Seattle, Washington office or remote (except Colorado).
Our team is one of the best in the industry. We seek people who are passionate about communications, ready to roll up their sleeves, and contribute to the success of the team. This is an opportunity to oversee planning and execution of client programs to meet business objectives and to grow existing business.
You will join a team that works with local and national clients in the healthcare, financial, and tech industry. Candidates should have extensive agency and professional experience. This position will pursue, develop, and lead new business presentations, manage, and cultivate staff members, and make significant contributions to strategic communications plans and execution for clients. The AVP candidate will maximize value by reflecting the business strategy of the practice, contribute to maintaining and expanding existing business, win new business and set the tone for how the business is managed.
- Develop and grow client relationships.
- Provide counsel, strategy, and execution with the client team.
- Develop quarterly plans outlining strategy and goals across client teams.
- Work closely with the media through daily proactive pitching for clients.
- Develop byline content, press releases and pitch campaigns.
- Productively provide ideas to client to maximize communications results and/or anticipate issues.
- Manage and assist the development of account staff.
- Develop complete communications plans for client.
- Maintain industry contacts to stay informed on current industry affairs.
- Counsel and build relationships with peers in industry and with other FP practice areas.
- Act as strategic point of contact with each assigned client, supporting the account lead in communication with client to build and maintain strong working relationships, earn client confidence, and effectively manage a wide range of client situations, including budget
- Set client expectations, drive PR strategy, and translate it into a roadmap for execution across all types of PR programs for each assigned account
- Curiosity and an ability to think creatively.
- Ability to plan strategically
- Strong media relations skills and relationships.
- Ability to assess and win potential new business opportunities.
- Skill at developing and delivering presentations and pitches for clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to understand the experiences of other FP employees and incorporate them into successful business strategies.
- Strong oral, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven mastery overseeing key initiatives and programs: funding, product launches, analyst relations, awards and speaking
- Develop client strategy (including crisis), revisions to scope of work and proactively make recommendation around increasing budget or adjusting priorities to maintain profitability against metrics
- Maintain a thorough understanding of client industries and translate that to trusted PR counsel across varying levels of client contacts
- Extensive professional experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of client, practice, and industry.
- Comprehensive experience in and understanding of public relations.
- College degree.
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.