Associate User Experience Designer
Location: New York or Washington, D.C.
Finn Partners is a dynamic and fast-growing global integrated communications and marketing firm. We have created an entry level position for an Associate User Experience Designer.
If you are passionate about using your strong visual design skills to create rich digital experiences for users and clients, then we have the job for you!
We are looking for an entry-level user experience designer who will help support all facets of UX design including site mapping, wireframing, visual asset and template production, and page building using design systems in a CMS. This is an excellent way to gain a 360-degree understanding of how websites are built and learn the fundamentals of website and product design.
- Collaborate with the team on project objectives, client requirements, content strategy, user flows, and digital interfaces for multiple client projects
- Help create low and high-fidelity mockups for an iterative design process
- Establish style guides and design patterns
- Partner with developers to ensure design vision is realized in digital experiences that function well across devices and platforms
- Help audit and design websites with an emphasis on usability and accessibility
- Verify that websites meet the requirements for accessibility and functionality, including compliance with the latest laws and best practices for U.S. government websites
- Perform other web design-related duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of direct professional experience in web design or a degree/coursework certification in UX
- Proficiency with current prototyping/design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC, Axure)
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Knowledge of Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.0 guidelines a plus
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of professional work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeing your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.