PR Onsite Client Consultant (DC)– premier international travel client
Washington DC, DC – Full Time
Our client, Brand USA, is looking for a PR Consultant to help with a variety of communications and media relations initiatives with the goal of promoting Brand USA as a premier travel destination through international consumer media coverage. This vendor will work closely with the Brand USA Director, Consumer & Trade Public Relations and Vice President of Integrated Marketing to develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive global public relations platform.
Scope of Work
The selected consultant will:
- Manage proactive and reactive international media relations functions, including: managing day-to-day program activity of Brand USA’s public relations teams in Asia, Europe, Australia and Latin America.
- Provide leadership, manage scopes of work and budgets.
- Act as a liaison for international public relations efforts with Brand USA HQ.
- Work closely with the Integrated Consumer Marketing Team, Global Trade Team, and international PR teams on media missions and events, consumer campaign launches, localized media content, press visits, digital influencer programs, PR stunts/activations, and broadcast productions.
- Represent Brand USA and manage media relations activities for major travel shows including IPW and key media related trade shows.
- Conduct media calls and interviews as required.
- Curate and manage global editorial calendar and work with in-market PR reps to maintain localized content.
- Drive storytelling and travel themes about visiting the USA.
- General office duties which may include writing reports, marketing briefs and presentations, as well as writing talking points and quotes.
- Expected around 40 hours per week. Consultant requested to be on site 2 – 5 days per week, and available otherwise.
- Previous experience working with international media and/or travel and lifestyle media.
- Excellent writing and editing skills paired with a strong creative sensibility and strategic mindset.
- Digital and social media savvy.
- International travel experience preferred and foreign language skills a plus.
- 6-8 years of professional experience in public relations, media or marketing, including demonstrated success in achieving strong ROI for a media relations program.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal partners in development of actionable strategy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, experience with Cision a plus.
- Selected vendor must have the ability to facilitate working onsite.
- Moderate travel may be required.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed here.
- Health Dental & Vision
- Vacation / Sick Days
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work From Home
- Fuel for Thought
- Family Paid Leave
- Wellness Benefits