Director, Business Development & Strategic Communications
Hong Kong, China – Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for an established, passionate Director with a track record of strategizing and implementing successful integrated communications and digital marketing campaigns. As a member of CatchOn’s senior leadership team, you will be responsible for developing the agency’s capabilities in new sectors as part of Finn Partners’ regional growth. This is a business-solutions driven role with an opportunity to build and grow your own team to support the revenue within your client portfolio.
- Lead all elements of strategy based on a strong understanding of CatchOn’s strategic ambitions (in collaboration with the senior management team)
- Drive the development of strategies in each vertical (travel, hospitality, health/wellness, etc), including research on emerging trends and competitive landscape
- Synthesize recommendations with a clear articulation of how strategy translates into execution priorities and action plans
- Collaborate with the other members of the senior leadership team to drive the CatchOn business forward and constantly seek ways to improve the business output and ways of working
- Identify and contribute to developing at least 2-3 self-directed original research, thought leadership, surveys, and market studies per year
- Build your own book of business and target profitable potential leads that are complementary to CatchOn’s core sectors, such as healthcare, consumer or corporate communications
- Lead business development process from initial contact, meeting and presentations, pitch, negotiation and closing
- Seek opportunities to represent CatchOn at industry events
- Create and deliver proposals, respond to RFPs, and research and plan client pitches by working with the team to develop proposals that address clients’ needs, concerns and objectives
- Develop an understanding of new clients’ business model and processes and identify opportunities to add value to clients
- Establish and foster effective relationships with new business prospects and industry contacts to strengthen CatchOn’s name and reputation within the industry
- Develop and refine the business development function by mapping out business development-related processes/procedures and communicating these to the team
Role Specific Skills / Attributes
- 15+ years of related experience (agency experience required) working with travel, hospitality, luxury, consumer, or healthcare sectors
- Local market experience in Hong Kong and China and in-depth knowledge of different media channels is required
- Track record of strategising and implementing successful integrated communications and digital marketing campaigns
- Previous experience working with C-Suite level clients, senior management teams and decision makers
- Background in corporate communications is advantageous: leading corporate communications strategies for clients, developing and managing the company identity and brand; developing and managing external communications; and crisis communications
- Dynamic leadership and team management skills, including good mentoring and coaching
- Ability to drive projects through providing appropriate project framework, clarity on content and deliverables and effectively engaging and managing stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills and adept at building brand strategy presentations and proposals
- Ability to plan and execute multi-stakeholder, strategic communications on behalf of clients, working closely with international offices and colleagues across different time zones
- An analytical mind and keen commercial orientation to appreciate client strategy, decisions that shape executive actions and commercial implications
- Possess a strong service orientation, ability to anticipate client needs and manage client expectations proactively
- Strong sense of ownership and work ethic to see projects to completion; undeterred by challenges and will remain motivated, composed and apply creating thinking to overcome them
- Excellent speaking and writing capabilities in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
We look for candidates who can demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values, including:
- Creativity: Imagination untethered who dares to be different.
- Confidence: Wisdom and maturity. Common sense and critical thinking.
- Integrity: Trustworthiness and dependability.
- Passion: Driven from within. Demonstrates commitment and ownership.
- Collaboration: An emphasis on teamwork and a win/win mentality
About CatchOn – A Finn Partners Company
CatchOn was founded in 2000 out of a simple desire to do good work with and for good people. Through the years, we’ve worked with people — partners, employees, clients –- who share the same vision. We joined Finn Partners, a global integrated PR and marketing agency, in January 2019.
We are proud of the ‘hybrid’ nature of our consultancy. With combined expertise in brand development, marketing communications, market research and PR, we help create and communicate new businesses and brands, and reinvent existing ones. We work together to deliver breakthrough results for our clients.
We have offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai and an impressive client portfolio in hospitality, F&B, design, lifestyle and luxury. Known for our dynamic and nurturing corporate culture and longstanding client relationships, our agency continues to grow and we are always on the look-out for strong talent.
About Finn Partners, Inc.
Finn Partners is a global communications agency, made up of nine practice areas with 800+ people in 19 locations worldwide. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
We offer attractive salaries as well as career advancement opportunities to the right candidates. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Interested candidates should apply here with your detailed resume including availability and current and expected salary.