PARTNER IN TRAINING (ENTRY LEVEL)
Chicago, IL Full Time
Our Partner-in-Training program is a 3-6 month, full-time program for college graduates looking for a career in public relations and/or marketing communications.
A Partner in Training will work on multiple client accounts to gain experience and exposure to agency life while also training in writing, research, media relations and social/digital work. Our PIT’s assist with (and eventually own) core public relations, marketing and social media/digital tasks including building media lists, establishing media relationships, influencer engagement, conducting industry research, writing and developing client updates and drafting media materials.
We are looking for highly resourceful and intuitive team players, who are digitally and socially savvy and know how to bring creative, smart, scrappy thinking to the table. We’ll give you the tools to do awesome work and build a solid portfolio. We also look to our pool of amazing PIT’s first when Assistant Account Executive opportunities open. The ideal candidate has held one or two college internships and is looking to grow his/her career in an agency setting.
- Provide support to account teams and play an active role in implementation of core public relations program assignments including influencer engagement, media pitching/media list development, writing/editing and research
- Monitor, track and report traditional and social media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments, flag for appropriate team members
- Compile comprehensive, targeted media lists, actively pitch media and secure traditional and social media placements against client goals, shifting approach for optimal results
- Identify trade reporters, business reporters and influencers
- Prepare initial draft of client updates, as needed and requested; deliver error-free written communication Participate in client meetings and presentations, as needed
- Stay informed on the latest trends in digital and social media communications
- Creative, socially-savvy, curious and a big thinker
- Entrepreneurial spirit, drive and strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, reliable and timely writer
- Creative writer with solid understanding and proficiency with multiple writing styles, including business communications and AP style
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Goes above and beyond for clients and team members
- Have passion for communication – traditional, media, social, writing, video, infographics
- Bachelor’s Degree and relevant internship experience
If you are a fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Finn Partners: Finn Partners is a global communications agency, made up of nine practice areas with 750+ people in 19 locations worldwide. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture. Check out some of our great benefits here. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed here.
- Health Dental & Vision
- Vacation / Sick Days
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work From Home
- Fuel for Thought
- Family Paid Leave
- Wellness Benefits