ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, PR/MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS - CHICAGO
Chicago, IL Full Time
Be part of building one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated public relations and marketing firms in the world. We offer a unique opportunity: the chance to contribute your passion, energy and talents in an entrepreneurial environment while collaborating, learning and growing your career with an amazing global team of more than 750+ colleagues in 19 offices around the world.
We’re looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our FINN team in Chicago. Our Assistant Account Executives service multiple accounts handling core public relations, marketing and social media/digital tasks. This includes building and maintaining media lists, establishing media relationships, influencer engagement, conducting
industry research and drafting media materials. We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate strong communication and time management skills and showcase an ability to consistently manage deadlines.
- Compile comprehensive, targeted media lists, actively pitch media and secure traditional and social media placements against client goals, shifting approach for optimal results
- Monitor, track and report traditional and social media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments, flag for appropriate team members
- Identify trade reporters, business reporters and influencers
- Proactively consume traditional and social media outlets that are relevant to client business
- Execute social networking, media campaigns and influencer outreach
- Exhibit solid grasp of AP style and draft all media materials based on these guidelines
- Write, proof and edit client-related documents based on outline or direction from supervisor; may include pitches, press materials and meeting reports
- Prepare initial draft of client updates, as needed and requested; deliver error-free written communication
- Research industry or program-relevant topics efficiently
- Support client strategy and insights, planning and creative development for new business, client programs and organic client growth opportunities
- Participate in client meetings and presentations, as needed
- Stay informed on the latest trends in digital and social media communications
- Has entrepreneurial spirit, drive and strong work ethic
- Exudes passion, creativity and enthusiasm throughout each agency project and client interaction
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills -- able to evaluate self and client work and key learnings and implications that help ensure ongoing improvement for the agency
- Creative writer with solid understanding and proficiency with multiple writing styles, including business communications and AP style
- Three months to two years of relevant work experience in a marketing communications field
- Bachelor’s Degree
If you are a fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners is a global communications agency, made up of nine practice areas with 750+ people in 19 locations worldwide. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services.
Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture. Check out some of our great benefits here.While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those in whom we have a greater interest
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed here.
- Health Dental & Vision
- Vacation / Sick Days
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work From Home
- Fuel for Thought
- Family Paid Leave
- Wellness Benefits