And why not? Both of these channels have user bases that are growing at rapid paces (though engagement levels continue to be hot topic for debate) and offer a variety of opportunities for brands to spread product and issues awareness.
However, before deciding if the latest and greatest social media offering is right for your company, here’s a list of questions to first ask when deciding whether or not your brand is ready to leverage another online channel:
- What are your goals with a new channel?
- Are your customers there?
- Are your competitors there? If so, how successful have they been?
- Have you already mastered the channels you’re currently using?
- Do you have the resources needed to jump into an additional channel?
- Are you able to provide unique content on a new channel that is different from your activity on others that you are using?
- How will you benchmark and evaluate the success of it?
There are many brands (and individuals) out there who have ‘shiny, new tool syndrome’ and often jump into a new channel without a plan in place. Don’t fall into that category. If you’re going to do it, do it for the right reasons or don’t do it at all.
As always, please share this post with others and leave a comment below if you have any other thoughts/questions.